There’s so much going on in Metfield. You’ll be sure to find inspiration on this website. Here’s just a taste of what you can enjoy as a resident or visitor.
Shop LOCAL at Metfield Stores
• Well stocked at competitive prices.
• Save money on fuel. Reduce emissions.
• Save wear and tear on your car.
• Volunteer – meet new people.
• Pick up a hot sausage roll on the way to work.
• Choose a freshly made sandwich for lunch.
• Order your newspapers and magazines.
• Buy or order bread from 4 different bakeries.
• Buy Christine Brennan’s METFIELD Tales from a Suffolk Village 1928–2017 (now only £4.99).
• Buy other books by local authors.
• Get a coffee & cake to eat in or take away.
Join any of the activities at the Village Hall
• Relax & socialise on Friday nights at the Bar.
• Coffee & more at monthly Community Café
• Help with the monthly litter pick
• Take up carpet bowls
• Play Bingo
• Go to the film nights
• Participate in the accoustic evenings
• Try tasty food at the monthly Bar Food night
Take an interest in how your village is run
Find out all about Metfield Parish Council. Who are they? What do they do?
Enjoy the outdoors, exercise and fresh air
• Grow your own vegetables at the allotments
• Love gardening or growing veg? Join MAALG
• Wander round the Community Orchard
• Visit Millennium Wood and Winks Meadow
• Walk with your dogs on well-marked paths
• Kick a ball with your kids in St John’s Meadow
• Head for the Suffolk Jungle Café for a treat!
• Drive for 30 minutes to beautiful beaches
• Daytrip to the RSPB Minsmere reserve
Socialise and chat
• Go to services at St John the Baptist Church
• Enjoy community carol singing at Christmas
• Knit and natter weekly at the Village Hall
• Sing, ring bells, garden, bake, eat together.
Look after your health and fitness
• Visit a homeopath
• Take up yoga, pilates or step aerobics
• Have your feet treated at home
SHOP LOCAL – USE LOCAL – STAY LOCAL
• organic vegetables • window cleaning • locksmith • café • houseplants
holiday lets • homeopath • decorator • HGV repairs • storage • animal bedding • yoga classes
Make the most of this wonderful village – help keep it alive for generations to come.
Artists and Craftspeople • Books by local authors • History • Metfield United Charities
Millennium • Photos • Trees and footpaths • Writers
If you like what you see, please click on the LIKE button at the foot of each page.